Article provided by: Quality Garage Door Services
At Quality Garage Door Services, we specialize in providing garage doors and garage door opener services. Our trusted experts have the tools, equipment, and expertise to install and service all kinds of garage door and garage door parts, irrespective of the model or brand. We serve home and businesses in Kansas City. Anytime you need an expert that offers “garage door spring repair near me,” our experienced team at Quality Garage Door Services are the perfect fit to get the job done.
What Happens When a Garage Door Springs Break?
When it comes to garage door issues, a broken garage door spring is one of the most dangerous things that can happen. There is no need to be to alarmed however as it can be fixed by the right professionals. To help you understand the situation better, these are common things that happen when garage door springs break:
- The garage door cables will appear to be broken
- The garage door goes up 6-inches and stops
- You may hear loud, disturbing noises in the garage
- There will be a 2-inche gap in your torsion spring
- The top section of the garage door will be bent
- The garage door will fall faster than normal when being opened with the automatic opener
- The garage door will not be lifted when you pull the emergency release rope
- Your garage down will be jerky when going up and down
- The garage door will be crooked when it goes up or can get stuck in the tracks
- The cable and pulley may be hanging down.
How Do You Fix a Broken Garage Door Spring?
The procedure for replacing a broken garage door is quite tricky. It is best left in the hands of professionals. If you are adventurous enough and feel you can do it yourself, there are two processes involved: removing the old spring and installing the new spring.
To Remove the Old Spring:
- Unplug the garage door opener and clamp the door to the track
- Loosen the set screws while holding each spring with a winding bar
- Unwind each spring with the help of two winding bars
- Remove the nuts and bolts, then slide the springs to the end bracket
- Secure the tube and remove springs, cables, and drum cables
- Measure the length of the relaxed spring
- Determine the inside diameter of the spring and the size of the coils
- Order the right replacement springs
- Check for other worn or rusted components and replace them.
To Install the New Springs:
- Slide the left spring onto the tube and add the cable drum
- Install the center bearing and the right spring, then secure the cones
- Thread the cables and tighten the drums
- Wind the springs
- Stretch the springs out a ¼ inch
- Tighten the set screws
- Lubricate the springs
- Remove the clamps or pliers
- Test the garage door and reconnect the opener.
As mentioned earlier, this is not often easy, and it is better left for the professionals to handle. Always call on our qualified experts at Quality Garage Door Services to help install new garage door springs.
Needing Garage Door Spring Repair Near Me? Contact Us Today!
Contact us today at Quality Garage Door Services if you need your broken garage door springs repaired. Our services are affordable, reliable, and prompt. Our qualified experts will provide an immediate fix to your issue with your garage door. With us, you are will receive quality and outstanding services.Garage Door Spring Repair Near Me
View Larger Map